Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Here it is, Lynette and all others who requested it. I have also sent it via e-mail.

Nancy’s Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I include my comments for my vegan ingredients. They may be found in any health food store or you can substitute your own versions (i.e. you can use brown sugar or white sugar or any margarine)
Note: I usually double the recipe - you will always want more cookies!!!

Pre- heat oven to 375°

1 ¾ cups flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup vegan margarine, softened (I use Smart Balance)
1 cup brown sugar (I use Sucanat, a natural sugar cane)
3 TBLS sugar (I use a lighter version like Florida Crystals, a natural sugar
cane)
1 egg equivalent (I use Ener-G Egg Replacer – 1 ½ tsp powder with 2 TBL
water to equal 1 egg)
2 tsp Kahlua (or vanilla)
1 cup vegan chocolate chips (many store brands are these days)

Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream the margarine with the sugars until well mixed and fluffy. I use a hand mixer for this.

Beat in the egg relacer and the Kahlua.

Add the flour mixture and beat until combined. I begin to use a wooden spoon after about ½ the flour mixture is added. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. OR - I make my cookies larger by forming them by hand.

Bake in your 375° oven for 8-10 minutes depending on the size of your cookie. If a crispier cookie is desired, bake for 10-12 minutes. Because I prefer to make a large cookie, I usually have them in for 10-11 minutes. Remember, when you take cookies out, they are VERY soft. Once cool, they hold together beautifully to make a chewy cookie!

Makes 15 small cookies, 12 large ones.
Let me know if you make them! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you!